Saturday, March 7, 2009

Who I Am. What This is About.

Hello, My name is Piper and I am a senior in high school. As a STARS (Students Today Aren't Ready for Sex) teen leader I believe in abstinence, but that is not to say that I have never been tempted, unsure, or even in a risky situation. What helped me was talking to someone who was completely unbiased and could just give me information and tell me that what I was feeling is okay, its naturally, and it happens to a lot of people. I created this blog because it is hard to find accurate information about sex online, it is very difficult (bordering on impossible) to talk to a parent or licensed medical professional about sex, abstinence may be the safest option but for some people its not an option, and above all else, it is incredibly important that, regardless of your decision, you are safe and prepared. My goal is to create a place where people can talk to real people who have been in a similar position or who have thought the same thoughts and can offer advice. Keep this in mind because this is important...you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment